In the face of a chaotic present and a wildly uncertain future, artists and arts leaders don’t have the luxury of “business as usual”. The leaders of today and tomorrow must take charge of making and remaking the present and future of our art, our sector, ourselves and our world.
Following two years of research and active learning, members of APAP’s Leadership Fellows Program question, provoke and challenge the field to think differently about widely held assumptions, the way we do business and the status quo, by asking:
• How can disrupting organizational structures help us reimagine our how we work?
• What does it mean to lead from the middle?
• Is it possible to create equity in a capitalist economy?
• What does work/life integration look like?
• How should we recalibrate community engagement for a changing world?
In this lively, interactive plenary, discover what the Leadership Fellows have learned, and engage with them and each other in breakout discussions on these issues as we work to build the future.
Speakers and discussants: The 25 members and group leaders of Cohort III of APAP’s Leadership Fellows Program